We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Director to manage our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications director. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
With esports in a critical growth point as an industry, you'll have the opportunity to create one of the leading voices and shape messaging for the future of entertainment. At Splyce, we don't look to current restraints, but rather look to push the boundaries of what a sports/esports/gaming company is said to be.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Develops and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public.
- Manages the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. advertising agency, partners, etc.)
- Keeps up to date of all trends in the industry and social media platforms.
- Implement communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization.
- Lead the social media team in all communications efforts.
- A raconteur. The type of person who is passionate about engaging storytelling.
- A self-starter. While you will work with our VP of Content, you will also be expected to manage your own projects and time wisely.
- A true team member. It’s imperative that you are a team player. Splyce has a talented and experienced team ready to hear your contributions to make each day a better experience for our fans.
Splyce is one of the top esports organizations in the world, with teams currently competing at the professional level in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, League of Legends, StarCraft II, Paladins, Halo, Rocket League, Call of Duty, and FGC.
Recent accomplishments include
- World of Warcraft - 2016 World Champions
- Call of Duty - 2nd Place in 2016 World Championship, 2017 Stage 1 Playoff Champions
- StarCraft 2 - SSL, GSL and IEM Championships
- League of Legends - 2nd Place in 2016 EU LCS Playoffs, qualified for World Championships in first year
- Halo - HCS 2017 Summer Champions
- Marvel vs. Capcom - 2017 EVO Championship
Splyce's mission is to not only be a top esports team, but also a premier content creator within the industry. With multiple championship victories and even more high placements in tournaments, Splyce is rapidly expanding to satisfy its growing fanbase with the content it deserves through an expedient and efficient work environment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or other relevant field.
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: social media marketing, communications, advertising or other relevant area.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- High level of understanding of social media platforms and trends.
- US based or valid US working documents.
- Currently in the Rochester, NY area.
- Motivated working in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment, with the ability to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Confident coordinating with other departments within the company as well as outside partners.
- Highly organized, personable and detail oriented.
- Initiative and have the ability to adapt to an ever changing content landscape.
- Extensive knowledgeable on digital trends.
Any submission missing any of the necessary items will not be considered. The level of quality and professionalism exhibited in these items will be key factors in our review of your application.
- Full-time salary position
- Health, Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
- A great place to work.
- Direct ability to help shape the brand of Splyce.
- Esports event travel benefits